Looking for a special way to celebrate the solstice and the onset of summer? Consider joining the Catskill Herbal Apprenticeship.
- The apprenticeship is 6 months. We completed the first weekend (in May), but the program can accommodate people for any number of sessions. It is also designed to accommodate the pure beginner as well as the experienced herbalist (with two options for classes, participants can choose beginner classes, advanced classes, or both.
- June's session begins Friday, June 21st (the summer solstice) and goes through Sunday, June 23rd. See full schedule: www.nathanielwhitmore.com/catskill-apprenticeship
The apprenticeship is no longer in Big Indian, NY. It is now just south of the Catskill park in Glen Spey, NY.
- The new location is closer to NYC. Instead of 3 + hours of travel, Glen Spey, NY is about 2 hours from New York City. Our location is about 10 miles / 15 minutes from the Port Jervis train (NJ Transit from Manhattan). Bus options include to Port Jervis and to Monticello, NY. Carpooling options also exist.
- Will be releasing details about the new location for registrants. It is an off-grid location, fully equipped for camping and outdoor cooking. Outdoor kitchen includes grills and wok stand for campfire and charcoal cooking as well as propane burners. Stainless, stoneware, and cast iron cooking vessels on location. Several sources of spring water. (Meals are included with the program, cooked with local organic and wild vegetables. Except Friday night is pot-luck.)
- The new location gives us increased access to spots for both cultivated and wildcrafted herbs. We are working with neighboring farms and landowners to source a wild-variety of herbs.
- We will be a short distance from the herbal clinic at Worker Bee Community Acupuncture, which offers increased opportunities to study the Chinese medicine apothecary. The clinic remains an option if plant walks or other activities are affected by the weather. The apothecary is stocked with bulk herbs, granulars, tinctures, and other herbal products.
See website for more information: